2018 Educational Workshops
Wednesday, April 25
Manufactured Home Installations – Do You Know the Rules?
Moderator: Lesli Gooch, Executive Vice President of Government Affairs & Chief Lobbyist, MHI
Speakers: David Tompos,President & CEO, NTA Inc.; Jeff Legault, Director, Product Design & Engineering, Skyline Corporation; Mike Zieman,Principal Engineer, RADCO
- While HUD is the primary regulator of the design and construction of manufactured homes inside the factory, the regulation of the installation of the homes is intended to be done at the state and local level. Join a panel of industry experts as they discuss the “ins and outs” of installation requirements and answer your questions about what HUD requires in the installation process.
Hot Topics: Industry Attorneys Answer your Questions
Moderator: William Dahlin, Partner, Hart King
Speakers: Tom Casparian, Member, Cozen O’Connor; David Eastman, Partner, Lutz Bobo, Telfair, Eastman, Gabel & Lee; Jody Gabel, Partner, Lutz Bobo, Telfair, Eastman, Gabel & Lee
- Prominent industry attorneys will offer their expertise on issues affecting community owners, retailers and others in the industry. Attorneys will discuss disaster planning, legislative planning, and how to prepare for rent control beforehand and after. Bring your questions to ask our industry experts for an interactive forum on hot topics in the industry.
Challenges and Opportunities with the Tiny Home Movement
- Speaker: Deanna Fields, Executive Director, Manufactured Housing Association of Oklahoma
- “Tiny homes” are all the rage, but everyone should understand how construction code impacts occupancy, land use, and values. Key differences between small manufactured homes and “tiny homes” will be discussed during the session.
MHI is Fighting for the Industry – Learn How You Can Join the Effort
- Speakers: Dr. Lesli Gooch,Executive Vice President of Government Affairs & Chief Lobbyist, MHI; Dick Jennison, President & CEO, MHI; and Rick Robinson, General Counsel/Sr. VP State & Local Affairs, MHI
- Officials in Washington are making critical decisions every day that impact the manufactured housing industry and the ability of consumers to purchase manufactured homes. Join MHI senior executives as they discuss the Association’s legislative and regulatory priorities for the year ahead and how you can help support these efforts through grassroots involvement.
Business on the Internet: How to Maintain Your Reputation Online and Match Current Consumer Buying trends for Additional Manufactured and Modular Home Sales
Speakers: Dawn Highhouse, Vice President Customer Experience; Jason Adams, Vice President Market Analytics; Beth A. Monicatti-Blank, President, All Seasons Communications
- Hear from experts in the communications field who will discuss creating and maintaining a credible online reputation and the keys to reaching and understanding homeowners. Our speakers will discuss what types of outreach people that are shopping for homes are looking for, what types of homes and areas of the country that are hot, how and when people look for manufactured homes, key insights to the buying cycle, and more.
Community Infrastructure Solutions
- Speakers: Earl King, President, Underground Infrastructure Solutions; Brian King, Director of Operations, Underground Infrastructure Solutions; Heather Smart, Director of Sales and Marketing, Metron Farnier; Rick Minogue, Managing Director, Metron Farnier.
- Join this panel of experts to discuss the latest in water, sewer, and submetering infrastructure solutions for communities. Attendees will hear from experts in the field about real world challenges and what innovative technologies are being created for community owners.
What are Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Doing to Support Financing for Manufactured Housing?
Room: Champagne 1
Moderator: Jed Gleim, Chairman of MHI’s Financial Services Division; Executive Vice President/Chief Operating Officer, Triad Financial Services
Speakers: Sarah Edelman, Director, Single Family Duty to Serve, Fannie Mae; Mike Dawson, Vice President of Single-Family Affordable Lending Strategies & Initiatives, Freddie Mac
- Hear directly from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac representatives about their plans for increasing their involvement in manufactured housing financing, including an update about the actions they are taking to implement a secondary market for chattel loans.
Disaster Prevention & Preparedness & Recovery
Room: Champagne 4
- Moderator: Roderick Knoll, President, Manufactured Housing Resources Group
- Speakers: Gene Norman, Senior Meteorologist, WeatherCall/HazardCall, Brad Huffines, Chief Meteorologist, WeatherCall/HazardCall, Julio C. Jaramillo, Founding/Managing Member, Evergreen Communities, LLC
- This moderator led session will discuss how your communities are prepared for the eventuality of a disaster, and include live polling of attendees. We will introduce FEMA’s concept of Community Risk Reduction and show you where every plan fails, private or governmental. By knowing where and why plans fail, you will leave with ideas on how to serve your residents when they need you most.
Thursday, April 26
5 Keys to Success When Bringing New Homes Into Your Community
Room: Champagne 1
- Speaker: Mike Callaghan, Managing Partner, Four Leaf Properties
- Whether you have 10 homes to replace or 250 lots to fill, we’ve got the secret sauce. Gathered from our best practices and some tricks of the trade, we’ll share 5 must haves for successfully bringing new homes into your community. You don’t need to be a rocket scientist or a financier, just a community owner on a mission.
Looking for Manufactured Housing Education? MHEI has That.
Room: Champagne 4
- Speakers: Jim Ayotte, Executive Director, Florida Manufactured Housing Association; Amy Bliss, Executive Director, WI Housing Alliance & WI Recreational Vehicle Dealers Alliance
- MHEI’s Chair, Mr. Jim Ayotte and Vice Chair, Ms. Amy Bliss will discuss MHEI’s latest educational offerings for manufactured home salespersons, community managers, and installers. Participants will learn about upcoming certification programs and planned online education in 2018. Attendees will have an opportunity to steer MHEI’s future education programming by suggesting topics that will provide the most value to their business and employees.
Questions? Please contact Lee Krinzman at email@example.com or by phone at 703-558-0654.